Join us for Reconciliation Day!
The event begins at 11 a.m. with an hour of contemplation and time to reflect on our past, featuring live musical performances and oral reflections from students.
Noon- 1 p.m.–Commemoration
Beginning at noon, a series of special guests and speakers will take the stage to share information from the Race & Reconciliation Initiative’s First Year Survey Report, research and recommendations, followed by the presentation of actions from various campus leaders.
The hour concludes with messages from Mark Johnson, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and Chancellor Victor J. Boschini, Jr. and a special musical performance by Jeffery Todd, Ph.D. Gooding will close the commemoration hour and set in motion the journey forward.
The presentation will feature:
- Dan Jian, assistant professor of arts, College of Fine Arts
- Paige Shiring, president, Student Government Association
- Sylviane Greensword, post-doctoral fellow, RRI
- Kathy Cavins-Tull, vice chancellor of Student Affairs
- Heath Einstein, dean of Admission
- Jeremiah Donati, director of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Frederick Gooding, Jr., chair of the Race & Reconciliation Initiative and associate professor of African American Studies, John V. Roach Honors College
- Mark Johnson, chair of the TCU Board of Trustees
- Victor J. Boschini, Jr., chancellor
After the conclusion of the formal event, Horned Frogs are invited to celebrate together with food, an interactive video booth, music and fellowship.
Wednesday, April 21 at 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Clark Brothers Statue, Tented Area
2905 South University Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76109