TCU Online: Managing Your Course
TCU Online—TCU's learning management system—offers wide-ranging pedagogical possibilities and advantages when it comes to the design and delivery of learning experiences both in and out of the traditional classroom. This fast-paced intermediate workshop expands upon the fundamentals learned in the Building Your Course workshop, and introduces additional tools and innovative technologies useful for management and efficiency.
At the end of this workshop, you will know how to:
- Create Announcements to update students about timely course information.
- Use the Question Library to create Quizzes, Self Assessments, and Surveys.
- Enable Special Access for students with accommodations or extensions.
- Use the Calendar tool to help students manage assignments and deadlines.
- Use the Attendance tool so students can track their absences.
- Organize students into Groups for projects or tasks.
- Use the Rubrics tool to grade assignments.
- Use Class Progress to monitor student progress, performance, and engagement within a course.
As always, the Koehler Center staff members are available for ongoing consultations after the workshop to further support the use of TCU Online to improve teaching and learning.
This workshop meets Koehler Center Outcomes 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3
Thursday, August 15 at 1:00pm to 4:00pm
TCU Campus Store, 209
2950 West Berry Street, Fort Worth, TX 76109