TCU Online: Managing Your Course
TCU Online—TCU's learning management system—offers wide-ranging pedagogical possibilities and advantages when it comes to the design and delivery of learning experiences both in and out of the traditional classroom. This fast-paced intermediate workshop expands upon the fundamentals learned in the Building Your Course workshop, and introduces additional tools and innovative technologies useful for management and efficiency.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Create Announcements to update students about timely course information.
- Use the Question Library to create questions for Quizzes, Self Assessments, and Surveys.
- Enable Special Access for students with accommodations or extensions.
- Use the Calendar tool to help students manage assignments and deadlines.
- Use the Attendance tool so students can track their absences.
- Organize students into Groups for projects or tasks.
- Use the QuickEval tool to efficiently locate and evaluate student work.
- Use Class Progress to monitor student progress, performance, and engagement within a course.
As always, the Koehler Center staff members are available for ongoing consultations after the workshop to further support the use of TCU Online to improve teaching and learning.
This workshop meets Koehler Center Outcomes 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.
There are multiple offerings of this workshop coming up. Please click on "More dates..." below to see all the upcoming dates and times.
Use the yellow "Register" button above to RSVP for any of these dates and times on the next page.
Friday, January 15 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pmVirtual Event