TCU Online: Using the Quizzes Tool to Assess Student Learning
Instructors can use the Quizzes tool within TCU Online to help evaluate student learning and progress toward learning outcomes. The Quizzes tool allows instructors to create and manage ongoing points-measured assessments, develop formative and summative assessments, create a variety of question types to solicit information about different levels of learning, deliver randomized question sets for assessments or study guides, and evaluate data to measure instructional effectiveness. The Quizzes tool is also integrated with Respondus Lockdown Browser to create a more secure assessment environment.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Create various types of questions to allow for more meaningful and authentic assessments.
- Configure quizzes with appropriate properties and access settings.
- Enable Special Access for students with accommodations or extensions.
- Manage and grade quiz submissions.
- Enable Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor.
- Use additional resources with the Quizzes tool.
This workshop meets Koehler Center outcomes 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.
Wednesday, August 26 at 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Tuesday, September 8 at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Wednesday, September 30 at 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm