Teaching and Learning Conversation: Teaching in the Core Curriculum: An Overview with Theresa Gaul
Designed for faculty members who are new to TCU, need a refresher on Core basics, or are interested in proposing a Core course, this workshop presents an overview of the TCU Core Curriculum. Topics include how to propose a course for a Core area, finding what you need on the new Core Curriculum website, incorporating writing instruction in WEM courses, and handling common advising questions.
In addition, time will be given to hearing your questions, concerns, and vision for the TCU Core Curriculum going forward.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Distinguish among areas and categories of the Core Curriculum
- Describe the steps for proposing a new course
- Navigate the Core Curriculum website
- Identify strategies for incorporating writing in WEM courses
- Locate answers to common advising questions
Wednesday, September 7 at 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
TCU Campus Store, 208
2950 West Berry Street, Fort Worth, TX 76109